Inspired by basketball & hip hop nostalgia, Chain Net Apparel strives to bring these elements together to create fly basketball wear. Although this is a basketball clothing brand Chain Net Apparels main aims serve a bigger purpose, these are to:
- Provide Coaching
- Increase basketball participation in the UK
- Promote the physical benefits of playing basketball
- Promote the mental benefits of playing basketball
- Contribute to the improvement of outdoor courts
The brand was created after an article that was released in regards to funding cuts for GB basketball. This didn’t sit right with me as I always had access to basketball as a kid and I didn’t like the thought of this beautiful sport potentially fading into obscurity and youth participation decreasing.
Something I have learned since starting out is that basketball is the second most popular team sport in the UK for 11-15-year-olds with 32% of children participating. Overall 336,000 people aged 14-25 or above play basketball in the UK at least once a month so to me this tells me the interest is there but the infrastructure is not. I’m not saying I can fix this but I have made a lane that means I can contribute towards promoting the game.
Chain Net Apparel has been running since 2018 and we are slowly growing but more importantly, we are slowly making progress on our main aims.
A quick review of some of our accomplishments, the common theme here with this handful of achievements is we’ve used basketball to benefit somebody else.
- Orchard Park basketball court transformation Click Here
- Established a new UK tournament Click Here
- Apparel supplier for Portsmouth College Basketball Academy
- Sponsored various basketball events around the UK – GG3x3 Kids Clinic, World Club Basketball Tournament, Summer Madness
- Raised funds to support the Black Curriculum who are striving to roll out Black History into the school syllabus
We’re always trying to innovate with various projects so If you’d like to stay up to date on how we’re doing, enter giveaways or join in with our basketball discussions then please follow on social media. We are over on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok & Youtube.