Inspired by basketball & hip hop nostalgia, Chain Net Apparel strives to bring these elements together to create fly basketball wear. Although this is a basketball clothing brand Chain Net Apparels main aims serve a bigger purpose, these are to:
- Provide Coaching
- Increase basketball participation in the UK
- Promote the physical benefits of playing basketball
- Promote the mental benefits of playing basketball
- Contribute to the improvement of outdoor courts
The brand was created after an article that was released in regards to funding cuts for GB basketball. This didn’t sit right with me as I always had access to basketball as a kid and I didn’t like the thought of this beautiful sport potentially fading into obscurity and youth participation decreasing.
Something I have learned over the past year is that basketball is the second most popular team sport in the UK for 11-15-year-olds with 32% of children participating. Overall 336,000 people aged 14-25 or above play basketball in the UK at least once a month so to me this tells me the interest is there but the infrastructure is not. I’m not saying I can fix this but I have made a lane that means I can contribute towards promoting the game.
Chain Net Apparel has been running since 2018 and we are slowly growing but more importantly, we are slowly making progress on our main aims.
A quick review of some of our accomplishments, the common theme here with this handful of achievements is we’ve used basketball to benefit somebody else.
- Apparel supplier for Portsmouth College Basketball Academy – Sales of any Portsmouth wear goes back into the club to help grow the academy.
- Sponsored various basketball events around the UK – GG3x3 Kids Clinic, World Club Basketball Tournament, Summer Madness
- Raised funds to support the Black Curriculum who are striving to roll out Black History into the school syllabus.
- Raised funds for the GG3x3 which contributed to Cancer Research & Teenage Cancer Trust
Some larger-scale projects are in the very early stages so If you’d like to stay up to date on how we’re doing, enter giveaways or join in with our basketball discussions then please follow on social media. We are over at Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube & TikTok.